The reason I made Chicken bites with chicken breasts is because it’s bite size, easy and so much better than take-outs. Takes 35 – 40 minutes max. I cannot tell you how much I loved the taste of it after tossing the fried chicken in the sauces. Make sure you do not use salty soya sauce. Chicken bites makes a great side for two. You can double the portion for more servings.
Chicken breast recipes makes delicious sides. My previous post on Chicken Schnitzel is another recipe for easy meals.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Chicken breasts – 300 g , cut into small chunks
Pepper – 1 tsp
Salt -1/3 tsp
Sugar -1 tbsp
Egg – 1
Tapioca starch/flour – for coating
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
Butter – 3 tbsp
Red chilies – 1 (spicy or non-spicy), chopped
Curry leaves -1 strip
Oyster sauce – 2 tbsp
Light soya sauce – 5 tbsp
1. In a small bowl with chicken chunks, salt, pepper, sugar, egg. Mix around.
2. In a plate containing tapioca starch. Give attention to each piece and coat chicken with the starch or flour. Place it in a separate plate.
3. In a large skillet or deep-fryer, heat oil ( hot enough that it bubbles as you place chicken). Drop the chicken pieces one at a time, and fry until slightly brown.
Cook meat in batches to maintain oil temperature. Drain briefly on paper towels.
4. Add butter to a large saucepan on medium heat. Add red chili. Toss, then add oyster sauce, soya sauce, curry leaves. Stirring constantly for a few seconds.
5. Add chicken and mix well to coat evenly. Serve hot.